Used or Refurbished IBM InfoPrint 4247-X03 industrial impact matrix printers. Built on the strengths of previous models of the InfoPrint 4247 family
Used 4247-X03 Dot Matrix Printer Features:
- Print speed of up to 800 characters per second (cps) in DP mode
- Remote printer management capabilities when LAN attached
- Parallel, Ethernet, serial, and USB 2.0 optional integrated attachments
- Auto forms loading, auto thickness adjustment, and auto eject to enhance operator productivity
- Workload capacity of up to 44,000 pages per month
- Multiple data stream emulations to provide easy replacement of older printers
- Forms width from 3 to 17 in (76 to 432 mm)
- Maximum print width of 13.6 in (348 mm)
- One or two continuous forms front tractors for maximum forms-feeding reliability
- Easy-to-use operator panel
- Quiet operation
- DP, DP Text, NLQ, OCR-A, and OCR-B fonts
Extensive barcode support
The IBM InfoPrint 4247-X03 For Multi-Part Form Printing
The IBM InfoPrint 4247-X03, a professional high speed impact printer, prints at speeds of up to 800 cps in Data Processing (DP) mode. Other print-quality choices are DP Text, Near Letter Quality (NLQ) Gothic, NLQ Courier, OCR-A, and OCR-B.
The 4247-X03 is an office and industrial dot matrix printer that provides multiple forms paper handling capabilities on up to 8-part carbonless forms.
This Infoprint 4247 printer is designed to meet mid-volume output requirements and to provide reliable supply chain printing at an attractive total cost of ownership. A low-cost alternative to laser technology, the InfoPrint 4247-X03 can deliver broad forms flexibility, support for wide format printing, and the convenience of remote printer management when LAN-attached.
The IBM InfoPrint 4247-X03 can have either one or two straight continuous-forms paper paths for outstanding paper-feeding reliability. One paper path is standard; the second path is an optional feature.
The printer features quiet operation, and an easy-to-use operator panel.
Typical applications include transaction processing for invoices, office or internal business documents, as well as bar codes, labels, and multi-part forms.
Optional attachments include:
- Ethernet 10/100 local area network (LAN)
- USB 2.0
- Serial RS-232 9-pin
IBM InfoPrint 4247-X03 Print speed
Print speeds (in characters per second) of the 4247-X03 are up to:
- 800 cps in DP mode at 10 characters per inch (cpi)
- 400 cps in DP Text mode
- 200 cps in NLQ mode
The print speed in lines per minute at 10 cpi and 6 lines per inch (lpi) is up to:
- 403 lines per minute at 60 characters per line (6-in line length)
- 248 lines per minute at 136 characters per line (13.6-in line length)
Heavy-duty, reliable printing
The 4247-X03 is a professional industrial heavy-duty printer with a workload capacity of up to 44,000 pages per month. The 18-wire print head delivers reliable printing on up to 8-part carbonless forms in DP, DP Text, NLQ, and OCR print modes.
Flexible forms handling
The IBM InfoPrint 4247-X03 Printer allows exceptional forms-handling flexibility. The base printer includes one continuous-forms tractor path; a second continuous-forms front tractor paper path is optional.
This dual front paper path capability can translate into a single printer performing work that formerly required two or more printers. Users can load different forms into each tractor path and then enable the path that corresponds to the desired print job.
Print quality comparison
Print modes include DP, DP text, NLQ, OCR-A, and OCR-B Print qualities on the 4247-X03 are equivalent in character size, shape, and resolution to the print qualities available on the previous 4247 printers.
IBM no longer sells the 4247-X03 or any InfoPrint Printers. The 4247 dot matrix printers were manufactured by CompuPrint for IBM.
If you’re interested in a new 4247-x03, click here ›