- State-of-the-art Advanced Function Presentation (AFP) system designed for complex, variable content full-color printing
- Production workflow is automated, eliminating operator involvement in the ripping process
- System can automatically be restarted on the last page printed — no need to re-run the whole job
- AFP manages every object on a page from the output server to print completion, helping to ensure data integrity
- Up to 138 full-color impressions per minute with 300 lpi screening for superior print quality
- Prints applications utilizing AFP, Adobe PostScript 3 and PDF 1.3
- New printer controller incorporates IBM RISC hardware with RIP control software to maximize multiprocessing power
- Fully automated density and registration system for more efficient operation and consistent print quality
The IBM® Infoprint® Color 130 Plus powers personalized communications with groundbreaking technology that provides the ability to print fully variable content pages at very high print speeds and excellent print quality. Support for variable data allows each copy of the print run to be made unique with individualized images and data. This Advanced Function Presentation™ (AFP™) system uses Infoprint Manager for AIX® or Print Services Facility™ (PSF™) for S/390® to manage printing on the Infoprint Color 130 Plus. These technologies can help lower the cost of operation and provide the user with the control, power, and flexibility required by the e-business world. Response rates can increase dramatically with variable data pictures, product offerings and text messages that are unique to a specific customer.
The way you’ve always wanted a printer to work
Advanced Function Presentation provides features that can help lower operation costs, ensure data integrity, and simply cause the printer to behave like you’ve always thought printers should. For example, AFP allows the production workflow to be automated. Traditional color printing systems require operators to manage image objects and the ripping process. The Infoprint Color 130 Plus system manages the caching of image objects and the entire ripping process. Operators do not need to manage RIP servers or track each job from ripping through printing.